- A café
- Lockers (£1 refundable deposit)
- Toilets throughout the museum
- Unisex babycare room
- A buggy park
- Wudhu facilities
- Two studios which can hold up to 120 people are available for hire
- Events suite which can seat 240 people and is used for conferences, private events and weddings – available for hire
There’s certainly a lot to do here for younger visitors – you can find out more in our families section or by having a look at what’s on. Children under the age of 12 will need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian aged 16 or over.
- A level entrance at both the front and back of M Shed
- There are five designated accessible parking spaces at The Grove Car Park and three next to Brunel’s Buttery on the harbour.
- There is a road at the rear of M Shed for drop off and pick up (Museum Street).
- A reception desk with a section at wheelchair-user height and induction loop
- Audio descriptions using DiscoveryPen devices in the main galleries
- Tactile maps in Bristol Places
- Various handling objects, particularly in Bristol Places and Bristol Life
- Two adult-sized wheelchairs for loan
- Folding stools if you need a portable seat
- Level access to all galleries, plus the stores where pre-booked tours take place
- Staff on all floors
- Three wheelchair accessible lifts with spoken announcements and tactile buttons (two are fire evacuation lifts)
- Accessible toilets on all floors (some with right hand and some with left hand transfer)
- An adult changing bed with a hoist
- Wheelchair access to and wheelchair space on the larger passenger wagon on the railway
- Space to get close to the Steam Crane, although unfortunately neither of the cranes is accessible by wheelchair
At the moment it’s not possible to get wheelchairs onto Mayflower or Pyronaut, but if you are able to manage the boarding steps onto the boat we can make arrangements on John King.
M Café & M Shop
Find information on M Café and M Shop.