- A café
- Lockers (£1 per use, non-refundable)
- Toilets throughout the museum
- Unisex babycare room
- A buggy park
- Wudhu facilities
- Two studios which can hold up to 120 people are available for hire
- Events suite which can seat 240 people and is used for conferences, private events and weddings – available for hire
There’s certainly a lot to do here for younger visitors – you can find out more in our families section or by having a look at what’s on. Children under the age of 12 will need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian aged 16 or over.
- A level entrance to all entrances to the museum and cafe.
- There are five designated accessible parking spaces at The Grove Car Park and three next to Brunel’s Buttery on the harbour.
- There is a road at the rear of M Shed for drop off and pick up (Museum Street).
- There is accessible car parking at Wapping Wharf behind M Shed
- A reception desk with a section at wheelchair-user height and induction loop
- Audio descriptions using DiscoveryPen devices in the main galleries
- Tactile maps in Bristol Places
- Various handling objects, particularly in Bristol Places and Bristol Life
- Two adult-sized wheelchairs for loan
- Folding stools if you need a portable seat
- Level access to all galleries, plus the stores where pre-booked tours take place
- Staff on all floors
- Three wheelchair accessible lifts with spoken announcements and tactile buttons (two are fire evacuation lifts)
- Accessible toilets on all floors (some with right hand and some with left hand transfer)
- A free standing adult changing bench with a free standing hoist, located in the ground floor accessible toilet
- Wheelchair access to and wheelchair space on the larger passenger wagon on the railway
- Space to get close to the Steam Crane, although unfortunately neither of the cranes is accessible by wheelchair
- Assistance dogs welcome
At the moment it’s not possible to get wheelchairs onto Mayflower or Pyronaut, but if you are able to manage the boarding steps onto the boat we can make arrangements on John King.
M Café and shop
M Café is located on the ground floor of M Shed and enjoys lovely views across the harbour and city. We offer a delicious range of fresh, Fairtrade and organic hot and cold food and drinks including a selection of homemade cakes, sandwiches and specials from our deli range.
Find our more about our cafe.
The M Shed shop stocks a wide selection of quirky and creative gifts that capture the essence of Bristol. Find museum souvenirs, gift vouchers, Banksy books, and prints by local artists such as Emmeline Simpson. You can also browse our products online.