M Shed has reopened!
Please book your visit in advance to guarantee entry.
We may be able to accommodate walk-ups if we are quiet but we recommend pre-booking to avoid disappointment. Our quieter times tend to be weekday afternoons and weekend mornings.
While Government restrictions have eased, we’re still asking all our visitors to continue social distancing and wearing face coverings to keep everyone safe. Please do not visit if you feel unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms.
Have a question about your visit? See our frequently asked questions below.
How do I book a time slot?
The easiest way to book a visit is online.
- Book tickets for Bristol Museum & Art Gallery
- Book tickets for M Shed
- Book tickets for Blaise Museum
There is no booking fee. Entry remains free – although donations are always welcome!
We release new time slots on a weekly basis. This helps us to manage cancellations and respond to any changes in Government regulations.
After booking, you will receive an email confirmation that you will need to show us when you arrive. You don’t need to print it – just show it to us on your mobile phone.
In line with government guidance, the personal details you provide upon booking may be used to support the NHS Test and Trace process to control the spread of coronavirus. This data will be held by us for 21 days and then deleted.
What if I have to cancel / alter my booking?
You will find a link within your confirmation email to cancel or amend your booking.
What safety measures do you have in place?
We’ve implemented a number of changes to keep our visitors, staff and volunteers safe:
- Visits can be pre-booked to guarantee entry.
- We’re limiting the number of visitors each day to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience.
- We ask visitors to enter M Shed through the dockside entrance.
- There are social distance markers to manage any queues.
- We are asking visitors to maintain social distancing by staying two-metres apart.
- We ask that visitors wear face coverings unless they are exempt.
- We’re limiting the number of visitors in some spaces to help maintain social distancing. Please do be patient with us.
- Hand sanitisers are available around the venues. Please wash your hands regularly and use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Enhanced cleaning measures are in place. High traffic areas such as toilets, lifts, and handrails will be disinfected regularly.
- Our interactive exhibits and touchscreens are being reintroduced gradually to limit people’s contact with hard or shared surfaces. Look out for QR codes so you can experience these objects from your mobile device. You may also wish to bring your own headphones.
- Toilets and baby change facilities are limited to one support bubble at a time. Please queue outside in a socially distanced manner if they are busy.
- The lifts are also limited to one support bubble at a time.
- Our cafes will have reduced tables and seating.
Do I have to wear a face covering?
While Government restrictions may have eased, we’re still asking visitors to wear a face covering. Our staff will be wearing face coverings or standing behind screens to protect you.
You do not need to wear a face covering if you are exempt.
Can I book a group visit or a school visit?
What exhibitions will I be able to see?
The much-anticipated Vanguard | Bristol Street Art: The evolution of a global movement exhibition will open on 26 June.
The Colston Statue: What next? display will open on Friday 4 June in the Bristol Life gallery.
Will I be able to use the family play areas and interactives?
Our play area for younger children is closed for the time being.
Our interactive exhibits and touchscreens will remain closed to limit people’s contact with hard or shared surfaces. This includes the big green bus at M Shed.
Look out for QR codes so you can experience these objects from your mobile phone. You may also wish to bring your own headphones.
Will I be able to use the lockers?
Yes, the lockers are now back in use. Lockers cost £1.
Are you accepting cash payments?
Yes but contactless payments are preferred.
Can I just use the toilets / cafe / shop?
You need to pre-book a time slot in order to visit the shop.
You do not need to pre-book if you just want to use the cafe and/or toilets. People wishing to visit the cafe or toilets must do so from the cafe entrance on Museum Square. There is no access to the cafe from inside M Shed.