Please find a summary of facilities at M Shed. For a comprehensive access guide to M Shed, visit the AccessAble website.
- A level entrance to all entrances to the museum and cafe.
- There are five designated accessible parking spaces at The Grove Car Park and three next to Brunel’s Buttery on the harbour.
- There is a road at the rear of M Shed for drop off and pick up (Museum Street).
- There is accessible car parking at Wapping Wharf behind M Shed
- A reception desk with a section at wheelchair-user height and induction loop
- Two adult-sized wheelchairs for loan
- Folding stools if you need a portable seat
- Level access to all galleries
- Staff on all floors
- Three wheelchair accessible lifts with spoken announcements and tactile buttons (two are fire evacuation lifts)
- Accessible toilets on all floors (some with right hand and some with left hand transfer)
- A free standing adult changing bench with a free standing hoist, located in the ground floor accessible toilet
- Assistance dogs welcome
At the moment it’s not possible to get wheelchairs onto Mayflower or Pyronaut, but if you are able to manage the boarding steps onto the boat we can make arrangements on John King.