Welcome! With our award-winning learning programme you can take part in exciting handling sessions, costumed role-play, inspiring gallery activities and regular meet the expert opportunities. Our visitors encounter real artefacts and artworks from some of the UK’s finest collections.
Highlights in the 2017-2018 academic year include;
- An opportunity for schools to achieve an Arts Award at Bristol Museum & Art Gallery
- New and exciting in-school workshops and school assemblies, including Brilliant Bristolians, Anglo Saxons, Archaeology, World War One and Chinese New Year for primary schools and the Transatlantic Slave Trade for secondary schools
- Our roar-tastic Dinosaur Takeover! events take place in November 2017 and March 2018
- New Amazing Animals workshop and a Wildlife Safari Photography session are running alongside Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition
- The historic houses continue to bring Georgian, Tudor and Victorian history alive. Don’t miss A Victorian Christmas at Blaise this winter
- Even more local history learning opportunities at M Shed. Book your Bristol through Time, Significant Bristol People and Discover Chocolate! workshops
Bristol Museums cater for teachers too. Look out for regular CPD activity. The museums can be booked for meetings, events and INSET days.
EFL tours are available at both M Shed and Bristol Museum & Art Gallery, developed for students who speak English as a foreign language. Regular events and skill development courses are programmed for adult learners too.
Browse our web pages or get in touch with our friendly learning team to find out more!
Bristol Museums is proud to announce Clifton High School as our ‘Education Programme Sponsor’.
Clifton High School is a leading independent, selective, co-educational 3 – 18 school. Operating the Diamond Edge Model of education, the school’s philosophy is to foster curiosity, creativity and confidence, and celebrate each child for who they are and what they achieve.