We love welcoming families to the museum.
To help stop the spread of coronavirus, we’ve made a few changes to our family areas for the time being.
Some of our activity areas are temporarily closed but we they will reopen as soon as it is safe to do so.
Find out What’s On.
Around the museum
Amazing Animal Adaptations – World Wildlife (first floor)
Five to eleven year olds will love our fun, interactive family activity area where you can find out about how animals have adapted in amazing ways to live in their environment.
Try and spot the camouflaged animals and add to our display of your favourite amazing animals. You will also be able to see our collection of wild animals in the World Wildlife Gallery and see our famous gorilla, Alfred.
Dinosaur activity area (first floor)
Temporarily closed – but the gallery is still open so don’t forget to say hi to Doris!
Create and draw your favourite dinosaurs or fossils and learn about these amazing creatures from our displays, interactives and dinosaur library.
Curiosity – under fives activity area (ground floor)
Tell stories in our crystal cave, act out a performance on stage, play with puppets, interactives, games and more! Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Other galleries to explore
Other galleries that children love to visit are Dinosaurs, Egypt, British Wildlife, Sea Dragons and Geology. And don’t forget to visit our ever popular Romany wagon on the first floor.
Family friendly facilities
- Baby changing facilities on ground floor
- A free picnic room – temporarily closed to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Pushchair and buggy park
- Lift access to most galleries (please ask our front of house staff for help accessing Sea Dragons)
- Breast feeding friendly throughout – Bristol Museum & Art Gallery is part of the designated ‘Welcomes Breast Feeding’ scheme and has a dedicated space for breast feeding available on request
- Lockers available on ground floor including extra wide ones for folding buggies – temporarily closed to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
A member of staff will be happy to help you with anything you need.