We have introduced a dedicated time slot for:
- Disabled adults and their carers / family members.
- Adults who have been shielding during lockdown and would prefer to visit when there are fewer visitors.
- Older people (65+)
People within these categories are free to visit at any time but may feel more comfortable visiting when there are fewer people in the museum.
Priority hours at Bristol Museum & Art Gallery are every Wednesday, 10am – 12pm.
Priority visitors are welcome to stay beyond 12pm but the museum will be open to the general public after that time.
We will be monitoring the popularity of these time slots and may adjust the frequency of them accordingly.
Children with special educational needs are welcome to visit at any time. Please give us a call so we can discuss your requirements. We can help you plan your visit and offer advice on when the museum is likely to be quieter.
Priority visitors can book online or call to book on 0117 352 6600. If you have any questions about Priority hours, please do give us a call.
Accessibility at Bristol Museum & Art Gallery
- Level entry through electronic doors (to the left of the main entrance)
- A platform lift into the museum from the main entrance
- A passenger lift to all public areas except Sea Dragons, with spoken floor announcements and tactile buttons
- Lift access to the basement area for pre-booked tours
- Two adult-sized wheelchairs for loan
- Induction loop at the Welcome Desk
- Staff on all floors
- Some seating – we can arrange more if you need it
- A wheelchair accessible toilet
- Assistance dogs welcome
For a comprehensive access guide to the museum, please see the Disabled Go website.