There’s so much to explore on the Second Floor of Bristol Museum & Art Gallery. From stunning paintings to one of the best collections of Chinese glass outside of Asia, we’re sure you’ll find something you love.
On the Second Floor there is:
- French Art – paintings by French artists, including work by Lucien Pissarro
- European Art – Old Master Italian and Dutch paintings – prestigious works by Lucas Cranach, Giovanni Bellini, Jacob van Ruisdael and others. Bring your own device and during your visit you can access further label information here.
- British and European Art (The Age of Enlightenment and the Birth of Romanticism) – paintings from the 18th and early 19th century, featuring work from Philip James de Loutherbourg, Thomas Gainsborough and John Constable
- Modern and contemporary art (Space is a place) – including Modernist work by Victor Pasmore, abstract painting by Peter Lanyon, Roger Hilton, Howard Hodgkin and Tala Madani, Land art, photography and video
- Victorian Art (Places of Desire) – featuring highlights from our collections of Victorian and Edwardian eras from the 1840s to the 1920s
- Eastern Art – a stunning array of ceramics, carvings and glass from China and Japan
- Pottery, ceramics and glass – exquisite craftsmanship and design. British and European collections are displayed alongside locally made wares, including Bristol Delftware and Bristol Blue Glass
- Silver – a glittering display against a backdrop of paintings by the Bristol School of Artists
- Exhibition Gallery 2 – keep an eye on what’s on to see what’s showing.
Find out what you can see on the Ground Floor.
Find out what you can see on the First Floor.