Come in through the main entrance of Bristol Museum & Art Gallery and find yourself in the Front Hall – look up to admire the amazing building and see the Bristol Boxkite flying above your head.
There’s lots to see and do on the Ground Floor, including:
- South West Wildlife – explore the wetland wonders of our region
- Egypt – step back in time to ancient Egypt
- Assyria – study the ancient civilisation of the Middle East
- Curiosity – Archaeology and objects from around the world plus an under fives’ discovery area. The under fives’ area closes 30 minutes before the rest of the museum (4:30pm).
- Exhibition Gallery – where lots of our changing exhibitions are held. See what exhibitions are on
- The Café and Shop
- Toilets, stairs and a lift to the First and Second floors
Please note that Banksy’s Paint Pot Angel which has resided in the front hall since 2009, is on loan to another museum. The statue will feature in an exhibition overseas until December 2019. We expect to have the work back on display in mid-December.
Find out what you can see on the First Floor.
Find out what you can see on the Second Floor.