Explore Bristol’s art collection, find out about artists and their work, create some amazing art of your own, share what you have created and achieve a ‘Discover’ Arts Award along the way!
- Discuss painting composition and techniques
- Discover the stories behind paintings
- Investigate colour mixing, contrasting and complimentary colours
- Compare and contrast art from different time periods
- Learn specialist art vocabulary
- Experiment with art materials
- Create a self-portrait inspired by art in our galleries
- Share their artwork digitally and with each other
- Achieve a Discover Arts Award
Suitable for: Year 3–6
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
Group size: Up to 35 pupils
We have one session available at 10.15am – 1.45pm (includes 30 minute lunch break)
FREE use of our lunch room is included in the cost of your session.
Arts Council England’s Arts Award scheme
Arts Award Discover is the introductory award open to children and young people aged up to 25.
To achieve Discover arts award, children and young people discover the arts around them, find out about artists and their work and share their experiences with others, gaining a certificate at the end.
This award provides a great introduction to the arts and to other Arts Award levels. Taking part also supports a platinum level school Artsmark Award.
Supports Artsmark Award criteria:
Pupil Engagement; Range of Offer: Values and Ethos; Local cultural visit; partnerships
Bristol Museum & Art Gallery: Guide to the Art Collection can be purchased from our on-line shop at just £7.50
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.