How and why did artists paint epic landscapes or images of nature? Join us to explore great works of art from our Bristol collection.
Landscape and Nature allows your pupils to explore our paintings and develop skills in thinking about art during this gallery based workshop.
- Investigate painting techniques, tools and materials
- Ask questions and use their senses to explore paintings
- Compare and contrast art from across the ages
- Explore a chosen painting and present ideas
Suitable for: Year 3-6
Duration: 1hour 15 minutes
Group size: Up to 35 pupils – you can book more than one session
Session availability: We have two sessions available at 10.15am-11.30am and 11.45am-1pm. Further sessions may be available.
Planning on having a picnic as part of your visit? Free use of our lunch room is included in the cost of your session.
This workshop can be used to support your Arts Award in the following ways:
• Discover: find out about artists and their work
• Explore: explore the work of artists
Supports Artsmark Award criteria:
•Range of Offer
•Values and Ethos
•Local cultural visit
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.
You may be interested in these other art workshops for schools