How and why did artists paint a landscape or images of nature? Join us to explore great works of art from our Bristol collection.
Landscape and Nature is a gallery-based workshop that develops speaking, listening and presentation skills by talking about selected paintings.
- Investigate painting techniques, tools and materials
- Ask questions and use their senses to explore paintings
- Compare and contrast art from across different time periods
- Explore a chosen painting and present ideas
Suitable for: Year 3-6
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Group size: Up to 35 pupils – you can book more than one session
We have sessions available from 10.15am.
Planning on having a picnic as part of your visit? FREE use of our lunch room is included in the cost of your session.
Arts Award and Artsmark Award
This workshop can be used to support your Arts Award in the following ways:
• Discover: find out about artists and their work
• Explore: explore the work of artists
Supports Artsmark Award criteria: Pupil Engagement; Range of Offer: Values and Ethos; Local cultural visit; Partnerships
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.
You may be interested in these other art workshops for schools