- A café
- Lockers, some large enough for standard size suitcases (£1 per use, non-refundable)
- A baby change and baby feeding room
- A picnic room (available on weekends and outside of school term times)
- A buggy park
- You can pick up a key for Kings Weston Roman Villa during opening hours (£10 refundable deposit)
- Level entry through electronic doors (to the left of the main entrance)
- A platform lift into the museum from the main entrance
- A passenger lift to all public areas except Sea Dragons, with spoken floor announcements and tactile buttons
- Lift access to the basement area for pre-booked tours
- Two adult-sized wheelchairs for loan
- Induction loop at the Welcome Desk
- Staff on all floors
- Some seating – we can arrange more if you need it
- Audio descriptions using DiscoveryPen devices in the Egyptian and Assyrian Galleries, and the French Art Gallery. Available from Reception
- A wheelchair accessible toilet
- Assistance dogs welcome
For a comprehensive access guide to the museum, please see the Disabled Go website.
There’s certainly a lot to do here for younger visitors – you can find out more in our families section or by having a look at what’s on. Children under the age of 12 will need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian aged 16 or over.
Café & Shop
Our cafe is located on the ground floor and offers a delicious range of fresh, Fairtrade and organic hot and cold food and drinks including a selection of homemade cakes, sandwiches and specials. Find our more about our cafe.
The Bristol Museum & Art Gallery shop stocks a wide selection of gifts including prints from our own collection, Bristol Blue Glass, jewellery, toys, books, postcards and much more.
You can also browse our products online.