Bristol Museums Development Trust are looking for several new trustees to join their board of trustees. Bristol Museums Development Trust (BMDT) is an independent registered charity (registered charity number 1137777) which supports the work of Bristol’s Museums, Galleries and Archives – a civic museum service which is part of Bristol City Council.
The BMDT Board of Trustees encourages fundraising across the seven sites the service looks after, these being Bristol Museum and Art Gallery, M Shed, The Georgian House Museum, The Bristol Archives, Blaise Museum, The Red Lodge Museum and Kings Weston Roman Villa. BMDT uses these funds to award grants that support the collections and activities across all these venues.
You don’t need previous trustee experience to join us, nor do you have to come from an arts, heritage or cultural background. A passion for our organisation and our portfolio of buildings and collections is the most important requirement.
If you think you have something to contribute, then we would love to hear from you. We are currently hoping to increase the board’s skills specifically (but not exclusively) in the following areas:
- Fundraising (within the arts is desirable)
- Stakeholder/community engagement
As a trustee you will be expected to:
- Attend and contribute to four Board meetings and an Away Day a year
- Attend exhibition openings or other events and meetings that we programme
- Become knowledgeable about our core aims and objectives and support their growth
- Provide informal advice and guidance to the staff team
- Join working sub-committees to focus on specific areas of development
Please see the attached Bristol Museums Development Trust Trustee Recruitment pack for more details, or for an informal chat with a current board member please email [email protected].
Expressions of interest will be expected by Monday 27 February. Please send through with a current CV to [email protected]. We aim to shortlist and interview in early March.