Here you can find information about jobs and volunteering at Bristol Culture, which includes Bristol Museums.
All of our jobs and paid internships are advertised on Bristol City Council’s jobs board.
Rights Clearance Officer
We’re seeking a knowledgeable Rights Clearance Officer to join our Unlocking Our Sound Heritage project team. This fixed-term (until Oct 2021), part-time role is based at Bristol Archives. You’ll lead on securing permissions for the public use of important audio archives. Find out more and apply.
- £24,799 to £26,999 pro-rata (18.5 hours per week)
- Closing date: Friday 29 March 2019
- Ref no: 3230
We are funded by Bristol City Council and Arts Council England and we are committed to diversifying our audiences and workforce in line with the priorities of those organisations. We actively encourage applications from candidates from groups under-represented in our organisation including: Black and minority ethnic groups, Disabled people, under 25s. All full time posts are open to job share.
If you’re looking to learn new skills, have some spare time and are over 16, we may have a volunteering opportunity for you.
Contact us to register your interest and receive updates about new opportunities. We might ask you to come along to an informal interview before starting.
Volunteering roles can be short or long term and include getting involved in our events and exhibitions or seeing what it takes to run a museum from behind the scenes.
Current volunteering opportunities
- Visitor experience volunteers. This long term role is all about inspiring and helping our visitors in exhibitions and events, mainly at Bristol Museum & Art Gallery and M Shed.
- Visitor research volunteers. Help us to find out who our visitors are and what they think about our museums.
- Volunteer restoration assistants. Is industrial history or engineering your thing? We’re looking for people to help restore our working exhibits at M Shed.
- Railway volunteers. Love railways? Enjoy chatting to people? We’re after your help with operating the Bristol Harbour Railway at weekends.
- Boat crew volunteers. Join our team of fantastic volunteers who operate M Shed’s historic boats on weekends: Mayflower, Pyronaut and John King.
We work together with partner organisations across the city on creative projects to engage and inspire young people in arts and heritage, and help to develop skills for their future career choices. If you are a youth leader and would like to know more, please contact us.