Here you can find information about jobs and volunteering at Bristol Culture, which includes Bristol Museums.
All of our jobs and paid internships are advertised on Bristol City Council’s jobs board.
Museum Futures – Bristol Culture Trainee
The trainee will support the Digital Team and gain experience in various digital skills related to museum collections, including digitisation (through photography and scanning), database management, and online publishing. Through a training programme, job shadowing and placements within different teams the chosen candidate will receive full training to work on projects across different departments. Find out more and apply.
- Bursary of £13,350 (tax free)
- Work towards a Level 3 Diploma in Cultural Heritage
- Closing date: Friday 25 October 2019
We are funded by Bristol City Council and Arts Council England and we are committed to diversifying our audiences and workforce in line with the priorities of those organisations. We actively encourage applications from candidates from groups under-represented in our organisation including: Black and minority ethnic groups, Disabled people, under 25s. All full time posts are open to job share.
Read Bristol City Council’s equality policies and equalities legislation.
If you’re looking to learn new skills, have some spare time and are over 16, we may have a volunteering opportunity for you.
Contact us to register your interest and receive updates about new opportunities. We might ask you to come along to an informal interview before starting.
Volunteering roles can be short or long term and include getting involved in our events and exhibitions or seeing what it takes to run a museum from behind the scenes.
Current volunteering opportunities
- Visitor experience volunteers. This long term role is all about inspiring and helping our visitors in exhibitions and events, mainly at Bristol Museum & Art Gallery and M Shed.
- Visitor research volunteers. Help us to find out who our visitors are and what they think about our museums.
- Volunteer restoration assistants. Is industrial history or engineering your thing? We’re looking for people to help restore our working exhibits at M Shed.
- Railway volunteers. Love railways? Enjoy chatting to people? We’re after your help with operating the Bristol Harbour Railway at weekends.
- Boat crew volunteers. Join our team of fantastic volunteers who operate M Shed’s historic boats on weekends: Mayflower, Pyronaut and John King.
We work together with partner organisations across the city on creative projects to engage and inspire young people in arts and heritage, and help to develop skills for their future career choices. If you are a youth leader and would like to know more, please contact us.