Here you can find information about jobs and volunteering at Bristol Museums, Galleries & Archives.
Engagement Officer – Older People
0.4 – 15 hours per week, Two years fixed term
You will work closely with colleagues and partners across the city to create an excellent and inclusive audience-focused service and to deliver an outstanding cultural offer in Bristol by working with communities to enable the culture service to be accessed and enjoyed by the widest range of audiences.
Location: Bristol Museum & Art Gallery
Salary: £26,822 – £30,153 pro rata
Closing Date: 20 June 2017
All our jobs and paid internships are advertised on Bristol City Council’s jobs board.
If you’re looking to learn new skills, have some spare time and are over 16, we may have a volunteering opportunity for you.
Contact us to register your interest and receive updates about new opportunities. We might ask you to come along to an informal interview before starting.
Volunteering roles can be short or long term and include getting involved in our events and exhibitions or seeing what it takes to run a museum from behind the scenes.
Pliosaurus exhibition volunteers
An exciting opportunity has arisen to volunteer with our upcoming exhibition Pliosaurus!
Help us engage, inspire and have fun with visitors as we take them back in time 150 million years to meet our fearsome pliosaur, Doris.
Running from 17 June – 7 January, we’re looking for friendly and outgoing volunteers with an interest in natural history.
Other current volunteering opportunities
- Visitor experience volunteers. This long term role is all about inspiring and helping our visitors in exhibitions and events, mainly at Bristol Museum & Art Gallery and M Shed.
- Visitor research volunteers. Help us to find out who our visitors are and what they think about our museums.
- Volunteer restoration assistants. Is industrial history or engineering your thing? We’re looking for people to help restore our working exhibits at M Shed.
- Railway volunteers. Love railways? Enjoy chatting to people? We’re after your help with operating the Bristol Harbour Railway at weekends.
- Boat crew volunteers. Join our team of fantastic volunteers who operate M Shed’s historic boats on weekends: Mayflower, Pyronaut and John King.
We work together with partner organisations across the city on creative projects to engage and inspire young people in arts and heritage, and help to develop skills for their future career choices. If you are a youth leader and would like to know more, please contact us.