- £27,358 – £30,756
- Ref no: 2510
- Closing date: Tuesday 26 June 2018
Here you can find information about jobs and volunteering at Bristol Culture, which includes Bristol Museums.
All of our jobs and paid internships are advertised on Bristol City Council’s jobs board.
We’re seeking a proactive and committed Senior Archivist for Bristol Archives, to lead our public services, raise our profile and develop new partnerships with diverse communities. Find out more and apply.
- £30,756 – £33,136
- Ref no: 2494
- Closing date: Sunday 1 July 2018
Individual Giving Officer
The Individual Giving Officer will focus on achieving a significant increase in donations from visitors and other individuals wishing to make small scale donations (generally from £5 to £500) to Bristol Museums Development Trust. This post is a fixed-term post (maternity cover) for one year (or the post holders earlier return). Find out more and apply.
If you’re looking to learn new skills, have some spare time and are over 16, we may have a volunteering opportunity for you.
Contact us to register your interest and receive updates about new opportunities. We might ask you to come along to an informal interview before starting.
Volunteering roles can be short or long term and include getting involved in our events and exhibitions or seeing what it takes to run a museum from behind the scenes.
Current volunteering opportunities
- Visitor experience volunteers. This long term role is all about inspiring and helping our visitors in exhibitions and events, mainly at Bristol Museum & Art Gallery and M Shed.
- Visitor research volunteers. Help us to find out who our visitors are and what they think about our museums.
- Volunteer restoration assistants. Is industrial history or engineering your thing? We’re looking for people to help restore our working exhibits at M Shed.
- Railway volunteers. Love railways? Enjoy chatting to people? We’re after your help with operating the Bristol Harbour Railway at weekends.
- Boat crew volunteers. Join our team of fantastic volunteers who operate M Shed’s historic boats on weekends: Mayflower, Pyronaut and John King.
We work together with partner organisations across the city on creative projects to engage and inspire young people in arts and heritage, and help to develop skills for their future career choices. If you are a youth leader and would like to know more, please contact us.