Here you can find information about jobs and volunteering at Bristol Culture, which includes Bristol Museums.
All of our jobs and paid internships are advertised on Bristol City Council’s jobs board.
Engagement Officer – Young People
The Engagement officer role is based within the Participation team in Culture & Creative Industries. Our museums and historic houses are visited by over 1 million people annually. You will work closely with colleagues across the city to create an excellent and confident audience-focussed service and deliver an outstanding cultural offer in Bristol. Find out more and apply.
- £27,905 – £31,371
- Closing date: Thursday 12 December 2019
- Job ref: 4036
Creative Workforce for the Future: Bristol Museums Programming Placement
This is an exciting opportunity to develop excellent skills and experience in the programming department for Bristol Culture & Creative Industries. The team works with colleagues across the service, together with external partners to develop and deliver the temporary exhibitions, events and the family programme at a range of museums.
Under the supervision of the Senior Officer: Programming your placement will support us in delivering a range of activities that will be able to meet our audience and income targets, in particular you will focus on our autumn 2020 exhibitions programme at Bristol Museum & Art Gallery. You will also provide general business and/or administrative support as required.
If you’re looking to learn new skills, have some spare time and are over 16, we may have a volunteering opportunity for you. Interested in our volunteer programme?
Or if you want to know more, please get in touch.
Current volunteering opportunities
- Visitor experience volunteers. This long term role is all about inspiring and helping our visitors in exhibitions and events, mainly at Bristol Museum & Art Gallery and M Shed.
- Visitor research volunteers. Help us to find out who our visitors are and what they think about our museums.
- Volunteer restoration assistants. Is industrial history or engineering your thing? We’re looking for people to help restore our working exhibits at M Shed.
- Railway volunteers. Love railways? Enjoy chatting to people? We’re after your help with operating the Bristol Harbour Railway at weekends.
- Boat crew volunteers. Join our team of fantastic volunteers who operate M Shed’s historic boats on weekends: Mayflower, Pyronaut and John King.
We work together with partner organisations across the city on creative projects to engage and inspire young people in arts and heritage, and help to develop skills for their future career choices. If you are a youth leader and would like to know more, please contact us.