During Dinosaur Takeover Week, children will be immersed in the world of dinosaurs as they investigate fantastic fossils, the work of a palaeontologist, dinosaur food chains and reptile remains.
- Meet university experts
- Ask and answer questions about dinosaurs
- Explore Bristol Museum’s wildlife and dinosaur galleries
- Work in groups, rotating through four different activities:
– Dinosaur dig: a mock palaeontologist’s excavation (complete with hard hats!)
– Food Chain Facts: investigation of dinosaurs’ eating habits
– Fantastic Fossils: handling a selection of plant and animal fossils
– Battle of the Dinosaurs: discover the fiercest, tallest, heaviest dinosaur using gallery exhibits
Suitable for: Year 2-4
Duration: 90 minutes
Group size: Up to 35 pupils – you can book more than one session
We have two sessions a day: 10.15am – 11.45am and 12.30pm – 2pm
Planning on having a picnic as part of your visit? FREE use of our lunch room is included in the cost of your session.
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.
To get the most from your visit, please allocate pupils into 4 groups before your workshop begins. Each group will require support from at least one adult. Recommended ratio is one adult for every six pupils.
You are welcome to take photographs. We’d love you to share pictures of your visit with us on social media.
Eating and drinking is not permitted in the museum. Crumbs attract pests and our collections are far too precious to be attacked!