Blaise Museum and Kings Weston Villa is excited to launch this year’s programme of free, family-friendly summer fun!
Events with craft, storytelling, trails and a whole host of other activities will take place at Blaise Estate on Thursdays in August.
Each day has a different theme connected to Blaise so look forward to butterflies, mini-beasts, toys, games and giants!
Visit nearby Kings Weston Roman Villa for an open day filled with stories, dressing up and craft and explore where Romans used to live right on Bristol’s doorstep. Discover amazing mosaic floors, an underfloor heating and a bath suite.
Bristol’s award winning Brilliant Archaeology also returns to Blaise. This fun-packed festival in September brings together museum archaeologists, local societies, re-enactors, field archaeologists and heritage organisations for a day filled with archaeology activities, demonstrations and displays.
Our new Blaise residents, crafter Zoe and storyteller Isy will also be joining the Blaise team this summer. Zoe and Isy can be found at Blaise at various dates throughout the holidays running craft workshops and sharing stories.
And finally, when events aren’t on at Blaise, there’ll be self-led activities laid out in the community craft room for all visitors to enjoy and brand new trail maps designed by local artist maps Abbie Cleeve.
So what are you waiting for? Head over to Blaise this summer for plenty of family friendly fun!
Special events are as follows:
- 26 July Family Fun: Stories at the Villa
- 29 July Family Fun: Games at the Villa
- 3 August Family Fun at Blaise- Amazing Blaise
- 10 August Family Fun at Blaise- Bugs and Beasties
- 17 August Family Fun at Blaise- Uncover and Discover
- 24 August Family Fun at Blaise- Time to Play!
- 9 September Heritage Open Day: Visit the Villa
- 16 September Bristol’s Brilliant Archaeology