The Coach and Horses Inn by C. F. W. Denning, 1943

Illustration of The Coach and Horses Inn, in the Grove adjoining Queen Square, by C. F. W. Denning from ‘Old Inns of Bristol’, published by John Wright & Sons, 1943. Colloquially known as The Hole in the Wall since at least the 1800s, it was eventually renamed as such. Copyright unknown.