Millions of people around the world were affected by World War One. During this school assembly children at your school will discover the huge impact of World War One on ordinary lives in Bristol,
Key Stage 2 pupils will hear stories of Bristolians whose lives were altered forever, each of which carries a message about the human spirit. They will discover tales of determination and friendship, and reflect on the legacy of the Great War. The assembly will enrich an in-school topic, or can be used on its own to mark the centenary of the end of World War One.
- Hear 3 stories from people in Bristol: female workers, Belgian refugees and a soldier
- Discover the positive messages in each story
- Dress in replica costume to represent people of the period
- See real and replica artefacts related to each person or group, including medals and suffragette rosettes
- Reflect on how we remember World War One
Suitable for: Year 3–6
Duration: 20-25 minutes
Group size: Key Stage 2 groups
Session availability: we can provide a 20-25 minute assembly at an appropriate time for your school day. Available for schools within approximately 15 miles of Bristol Museum & Art Gallery.
FREE teaching resources: Book this assembly and receive 2 copies of our Bristol and the First World War resource pack. Each pack includes posters for the classroom, a resource booklet and a CD of images showing Bristol during the First World War.
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.