For a limited time only, discover the story of Bristol’s chocolate heritage. Explore its evolution in the city and unwrap the stories of the people who made it.
- Role-play life in a Bristol chocolate factory, from factory rules to dressing up
- Handle and investigate real objects from the city’s former chocolate factories, that are now looked after in the museum’s collections
- Learn about life in a Bristol chocolate factory using videos and museum objects
- Find out how chocolate was made – from bean to bar
- Get creative shaping chocolate dough into your own designs
Suitable for: Years 3-6
We have two sessions available per day: 10.15am – 11.45am and 12.30pm – 2pm.
Pupils will handle the following ingredients in this workshop, please contact us in advance if pupils have any allergies to the following:
- Cocoa powder
- Wheat flour
- Cream of tartar
- Vegetable oil
- Hot water
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.