Who were the Anglo Saxons and where did they come from? Bristol Museums will bring the Anglo Saxon roots of Bristol alive in this interactive learning session.
Did you know? Bristol has grown from a market town settlement, known as Brycg stowe (Brigstowe) – a Saxon term meaning ‘place by the bridge.’
Discover Britain’s Anglo Saxon past and learn about invasions, settlements, village life and kingdoms, with a local history study of Bristol.
- Discover who the Anglo Saxons were and where they came from
- Examine how different sources of evidence helps us construct the past
- Find out about Anglo Saxon Bristol
- Handle artefacts linked with Anglo Saxon people
- Solve puzzles to discover kingdoms of Anglo Saxon England
- Learn Anglo Saxon words
- Listen to a thrilling tale of warrior battles with mythical beasts
Suitable for: Year 3-6
Duration: 1 hour
Group size: Up to 35 pupils per class
We have sessions available from 10.15am.
Planning on having a picnic as part of your visit? FREE use of our lunch room is included in the cost of your session.
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.
More local history sessions for schools
M Shed offers a range of local history sessions to support you with your curriculum. Other school offers include: