From 1 February – 6 May 2019, Bristol Museum & Art Gallery will be one of 12 venues across the UK each exhibiting 12 drawings by Leonardo da Vinci. This is part of Leonardo da Vinci: A Life in Drawing, a project led by the Royal Collection Trust, to mark 500 years since the death of the globally renowned artist and polymath.
The Royal Collection Trust has secured funding from the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation to support an accompanying learning programme. The Bristol Culture team is seeking two freelance artists to help meet outcomes for engaging schools and other groups with the exhibition, focusing on audiences who are less engaged with the museums and with culture in the city generally. Our targets for the project are to work with 2,000 children and young people, and 200 teachers.
We expect the exhibition as a whole to attract around 20,000 visitors. As well as the drawings themselves, the gallery will house a second display co-curated with three young producers inspired by Leonardo’s themes and featuring objects selected from our collections, and a reading and activity space.
Sound interesting to you? You can download the full brief for the Freelance Resident Artists, Drawing and Engagement role (PDF). You’ll find full details for the role including schedules and fees. We welcome applications from artists of all cultures and backgrounds.
How to apply
Please send the following to Jane Hack, Senior Officer, Formal Learning at [email protected] by midnight on 2 January 2019. Late applications will not be considered.
- Current CV including a statement about your artistic practice
- Up to 5 images of artwork (JPEGs, max 1MB each or links to images online)
- A covering letter outlining your interest in the role and how you meet the person specification (maximum 500 words)
- If you have one, an example of a session plan for an art workshop you have devised and led
- Notification of any dates you are not available for interview between 14 and 18 January 2019
- Details of any access requirements to enable you to attend an interview
If you require this information in another format, or to submit your application in another format contact [email protected] / 0117 922 3619.