Please note: Kings Weston Roman Villa will be closed to visitors on a short term basis from April 2016. Please contact us for more information.
See the only Roman bath suite in Bristol, mosaic floors and discover Roman central heating!
It’s free admission to Kings Weston Roman Villa, but we ask for a £5 refundable deposit for the key.
Long Cross, Kings Weston Roman Villa
Bristol, BS11 0LP
- This is a Scheduled Ancient Monument and is not staffed. The site can be difficult to negotiate since it consists of a large grass-covered area with low stone walls which vary in height from about 15 cm (6”) to about 1 metre (3’3”).
- Level access may be gained to the site via a double gate on the main road (Long Cross) and by crossing the wall immediately to the right of this where the level of the grass has been raised.
- The overall ground surface can be uneven in places and particular care is required after wet weather.
- A wooden building protects some of the site’s features. A double wooden door may be opened from the inside of this building to enable level access.
- A variety of handling objects, activities and written interpretation panels are available as well as an onsite guide printed in Braille.
- There is no toilet or café at Kings Weston Roman Villa
Please contact us if you would like more information about Kings Weston Roman Villa.