Kings Weston Roman Villa will be re-opening for the 2022 season on 28 May.
Explore where the Romans used to live right on Bristol’s doorstep – see the only Roman bath suite in Bristol, original mosaic floors and discover Roman central heating!
Unescorted visits to the site may be made by individuals or family groups (up to six people) by simply picking up a key from Blaise Museum during opening hours. Visits outside of Blaise Museum’s usual opening hours may be possible by prior arrangement. Please email Kate Iles, Curator of Archaeology to arrange this.
Admission to the site is free to the general public, but we ask for a £10 refundable deposit for the key.
Long Cross, Kings Weston Roman Villa
Bristol, BS11 0LP
Schools and groups
Visits to the site by schools or any other group should be booked in advance via our Learning team and accompanied by a member of museum staff. Please email us to enquire and check availability. Unaccompanied school or group visits are not permitted.
Guided tours of the site with a curator are available to local groups and societies on request. Tours must be booked in advance and may involve a small fee. Please email our curator to enquire and check availability. Unaccompanied group or society visits are not permitted.
- This is a Scheduled Ancient Monument and is not staffed. The site can be difficult to negotiate since it consists of a large grass-covered area with low stone walls which vary in height from about 15 cm (6”) to about 1 metre (3’3”).
- Level access may be gained to the site via a double gate on the main road (Long Cross) and by crossing the wall immediately to the right of this where the level of the grass has been raised.
- The overall ground surface can be uneven in places and particular care is required after wet weather.
- A wooden building protects some of the site’s features. A double wooden door may be opened from the inside of this building to enable level access.
- A variety of handling objects, activities and written interpretation panels are available as well as an onsite guide printed in Braille.
- Visitors will issued with an advice note on collection of the keys that has been prepared with a view to enabling both a safe and enjoyable experience.
- There is no toilet or café at Kings Weston Roman Villa