Discover the story of chocolate and its links to Bristol. Find out about its evolution in the city and unwrap the stories of the people who made it.
- Discover how the story of chocolate began with the Maya and the Aztecs
- Find out about Bristol’s chocolate heritage and the evolution of chocolate in the city
- Handle and investigate real objects from the city’s former chocolate factories, that are now looked after in the museum’s collections
- Taste chocolate recipes
- Find out how chocolate is made – from bean to bar
- Make a chocolate-scented craft
Suitable for: Home Educated children 7-11 years (maximum of one accompanying adult per booking).
Duration: 90 minutes
We will be tasting and using food items in this workshop. We will contact you by email before the workshop with more details and ask you to complete and return a food allergen form before you can take part.