The Bristol Places gallery focuses on the physical and dynamic city – the ways that people have shaped and experienced it and continue to do so.
It highlights how and why Bristol has transformed over time, how people have developed various ways in which to move around it and showcases some amazing discoveries that have been made in and around the city.
Bus closure – due to damage, M Shed’s green bus is currently closed. We’re reviewing how we provide access for visitors to experience this unique object.
- Discover how Bristol prepared for and endured the second World War
- Meet Bristol’s very own dinosaur Thecodontosaurus
- Marvel at stories of buried treasure and then uncover it for yourself
- See the variety of different vehicles we’ve used to travel around the city including trains, buses and planes
- Learn about how the homes we live in and how the places we work in have changed over time
- Discover the neighbourhood displays, showcasing the highlights of Bristol’s suburbs, co-produced with local communities, including the new Avonmouth display, launched in the 150th anniversary year of Avonmouth’s foundation.
- Learn about extraordinary discoveries in the city
- Find out how we have moved around the city
- Discover the history of commerce in the city
Find out what there is to see in the Bristol People gallery.
Find out what there is to see in the Bristol Life gallery.
Image credit: Farrows Creative