A celebration of Bristol’s maritime past with events for all ages at M Shed, Underfall Yard and ss Great Britain.
There will be events and activities at all three sites, including opportunities to visit M Shed’s famous cranes and hear about their working life.
Watch re-enactments of cargo handling on the quayside and take a boat trip on the docks tug John King, where you can learn about her important work.
All events are free with no booking required unless otherwise stated below.
Events at M Shed
- Print your very own map of Bristol docks
- See cargo handling demonstrations
- Visit the Fairbairn steam crane
- Visit an electric crane (charges apply)
- Take a trip on the tug John King (charges apply)
- Go back in time and watch historic films about the port
Events at Underfall Yard
- Try your hand at nautical knots and rope work
- See demonstrations of traditional skills
- Go behind the scenes in the magnificent Victorian Workshops
- Watch the pumps that powered a port running throughout the weekend
Events on-board Bristol Ferry
- Historical soundscapes on-board all weekend
- Sail back in time with an evening soundscape tour and shadow puppetry show
(charges apply) Book in advance.
Events at SS Great Britain
- Guided tours of the Great Western Dry Dock on Saturday at 11am and Sunday at 2pm.
Book in advance.