See the only Roman bath suite in Bristol, mosaic floors and discover Roman central heating!
It’s free admission to Kings Weston Roman Villa, but we ask for a £5 refundable deposit for the key.
Long Cross, Kings Weston Roman Villa
Bristol, BS11 0LP
- This is a Scheduled Ancient Monument and is not staffed. The site can be difficult to negotiate since it consists of a large grass-covered area with low stone walls which vary in height from about 15 cm (6”) to about 1 metre (3’3”).
- Level access may be gained to the site via a double gate on the main road (Long Cross) and by crossing the wall immediately to the right of this where the level of the grass has been raised.
- The overall ground surface can be uneven in places and particular care is required after wet weather.
- A wooden building protects some of the site’s features. A double wooden door may be opened from the inside of this building to enable level access.
- A variety of handling objects, activities and written interpretation panels are available as well as an onsite guide printed in Braille.
- There is no toilet or café at Kings Weston Roman Villa
Please contact us if you would like more information about Kings Weston Roman Villa.