Using hands-on activities and real Roman objects discover how the Roman Empire influenced the lives of some men, women and children in Bristol.
Role-play a Bristol child from AD 268 who is experiencing a Roman lifestyle. Take part in activities around your ‘Roman home’ to find out more about life in the Bristol area during the Roman occupation of Britain.
- Find out about the Romanisation of the Bristol area, including the locations of Roman settlements
- Learn Latin names and words associated with the Romans
- Explore real Roman archaeological material to find out about life in a Roman villa
- Investigate and handle Roman toys
- Discover what Romans ate and the kitchenware they used
- Make a Roman-style Bulla or Lunula amulet to take home
Suitable for: Ages 7-11
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Group size: Up to 20 children
Session availability: We have one session available at 2pm-3.15pm
Cost: £7 per child – please book in advance