Take a boat trip with a difference! Watch the powerful water cannon at work on Bristol’s former fire-boat, on a trip around the docks that she was built to protect.
Dates for 2020
- Saturday 18 – Sunday 19 April
- Saturday 30 – Sunday 31 May
- Saturday 11 – Sunday 12 July
- Saturday 18 – Sunday 19 July
- Saturday 8 – Sunday 9 August
- Saturday 19 – Sunday 20 September
- Saturday 10 – Sunday 11 October
Pyronaut served in Bristol from 1934 until 1973, working particularly hard in the Blitz in 1940-41.
In 1940, Pyronaut was faced with her most challenging fire-fighting period, as the air raids of the Bristol blitz damaged and destroyed countless warehouses, factories, shops and homes around the Floating Harbour. During this time, she was constantly manned and worked through some of the worst raids of the war.
Read more about Pyronaut over on the Working Exhibits section.