Celebrate M Shed’s 10th birthday with us!
Over 10 days we are celebrating our milestone birthday with talks and activities whilst sharing highlights from our amazing objects, stories, memories and more.
M Shed offers many stories about the extraordinary lives of ordinary people and Bristol’s connections with the wider world. It captures the very essence of what makes Bristol the city that it is today and sparks conversations about its past, present and future.
With that in mind, join us for online talks with some of our partners, have fun with our neighbourhood photos activity, have a go at our ‘Top 10’ family activity and toast some wonderful memories from the last decade.
Of course, we’re now open to visit in person too. As well as booking a place to see our fascinating collections of objects and stories, you can also catch the fantastic Vanguard | Bristol Street Art exhibition, which explores the instrumental role that Bristol played in the development of British Street Art.
Free bookable talks, discussions and workshops:
- 17 June: Online talk – Ten years of highlights
- 17 June: Online talk – Stories via Sleeve Art: Bristol sound from a visual perspective
- 21 June: Online talk – Bristol docks and cholera
- 22 June: Online talk – Bristol dockers strike of 1949 in support of Canadian Seaman
- 22 June: Online workshop – Windrush Day 2021: Trace your ancestry with Passenger Lists
- 23 June: Online talk – Class war in 1892: Bristol dockers and Black Friday
- 24 June: Online talk – Railways around Bristol through the eyes of a life-long worker
Social media activities
Over the 10 days, head over to @mshedbristol on Facebook and Twitter and @bristolmuseums on Instagram and Pinterest for our Top10 Highlights and activities.
We’d like to say thank you to all our brilliant visitors and partners who have helped M Shed to grow over the years and we look forward to sharing the next 10 years with you!
To celebrate our milestone birthday, our online shop is offering an exclusive online discount. Use code MSHEDIS10! between 17 – 20 June to receive 10% off your online order.