In this structured workshop, discover Bristol’s past connections to the chocolate industry. Unwrap the stories of those who made the confectionery in Bristol years gone by. What was it like to work in a Bristol chocolate factory and how is chocolate made?
This interactive chocolate experience is one of our tastiest workshops yet!
The children will:
- Handle and investigate real objects from the city’s chocolate factories and museum’s collections
- Take part in a role-play activity about life in a Bristol chocolate factory
- Discover how chocolate is made
- Use M Shed’s galleries to design their own chocolate bar in a self-guided activity
- Be given a chocolate to take home
Suitable for: Ages 7-11
Duration: 75 mins
Group size: There will be up to 20 children in the session
We have one session available at 2.00-3.15pm: Includes self-led activity using M Shed’s galleries to design their own chocolate bar.
If you are a parent or guardian that would like to attend this home educator workshop with your child, you are very welcome to join in. If a parent or guardian does not want to participate, they must remain in the museum building for the duration of the workshop. A participation form will be emailed to you directly when you book a workshop space.
This is a structured learning session which includes completing activities at tables with the aid of an adult. It is not suitable for ‘unschooled’ children. Due to limited space in this workshop, siblings that do not have a ticket cannot take part. If additional siblings need to attend with a parent or guardian, please contact us.