Come to M Shed and investigate the museum’s artefacts and documents to find out about significant Bristol people from across time. Learn about diverse men and women, how they helped shape the city, made a difference to peoples’ lives and their impact on the wider world.
- Investigate the life and legacy of significant Bristol people: John Cabot, Princess Campbell, Isambard Kingdom Brunel, Hannah More and Joseph Fry
- Find out about the past using real and replica artefacts and costume
- Explore gallery collections related to a significant Bristol person
- Order events and people chronologically using a timeline
- Prepare and perform a presentation about a chosen significant person
- Take part in an award ceremony for the best Bristolian
Suitable for: Year 1-2
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Group size: Up to 35 pupils – you can book more than one session
We have two sessions available at 10.15am – 11.45am and 12pm – 1.30pm
Planning on having a picnic as part of your school visit? Free use of our lunch room is included in the cost of your session.
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.