Handle real Roman objects and take part in Roman-themed activities to discover how the Roman Empire influenced the lives of men, women and children living in the Bristol area.
- Investigate and handle real archaeological material from a Roman villa
- Discover what people ate and the kitchenware they used
- Handle and find out about Roman toys
- Make a Roman-style Bulla or Lunula amulet to take home
- Find out where the ‘Romans’ lived in and around Bristol
Suitable for: Year 3-6
Duration: 1 hour
Group size: Up to 35 pupils – you can book more than one session
We have sessions available from 10.15am.
Planning on having a picnic as part of your visit? FREE use of our lunch room is included in the cost of your session.
Supports Artsmark Award criteria: Pupil Engagement; Range of Offer: Values and Ethos; Local cultural visit; Partnerships.
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.
Visit Bristol's very own Roman villa!
Discover what 'Roman' life was life by exploring Kings Weston Roman Villa and investigating archaeological evidence of the Romano-British people living in this area during the Roman occupation of Britain.
Open from April to September.