Using hands-on activities and real Roman objects discover how the Roman Empire influenced the lives of some men, women and children in Bristol.
Role-play a Bristol child from AD 268 who is experiencing a Roman lifestyle. Take part in activities around your ‘Roman home’ to find out more about life in the Bristol area during the Roman occupation of Britain.
- Find out about the Romanisation of the Bristol area, including the locations of Roman settlements
- Learn Latin names and words associated with the Romans
- Explore real Roman archaeological material to find out about life in a Roman villa
- Investigate and handle Roman toys
- Discover what Romans ate and the kitchenware they used
- Make a Roman-style Bulla or Lunula amulet to take home
A self-guided activity is available for use when you book this workshop.
A teacher resource pack is available for further information on the Romans and Bristol.
Suitable for: Year 3-6
Duration: 1 hour
Group size: Up to 35 pupils – you can book more than one session
We have two sessions available at 10.15am-11.15am and 11.15am-12.15pm. Further sessions may be available in thee afternoon.
Planning on having a picnic as part of your visit? Free use of our lunch room is included in the cost of your session.
This workshop can be used to support your Arts Award in the following ways:
- Pupil Engagement
- Local cultural visit
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.