M Shed is Bristol’s local history museum where you can handle real museum artefacts to find out about changes to Bristol through time. Discover the city’s past from the Stone Age up until the mid-20th century in order to build a greater understanding of ‘chronology’.
The children will:
- Work in small groups to investigate what Bristol was like in one of five different historic periods: Roman Bristol, Norman and Medieval Bristol, Victorian Bristol, Early 20th century and Second World War Bristol
- Find out about the past using real and replica artefacts
- Explore the M Shed galleries to find evidence of each period
- Prepare and deliver an interview-style presentation about their time period, using replica costume
- Order time periods chronologically and discuss what we mean by ‘History’ and ‘the past’
Suitable for: Year 5-6
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Group size: Up to 35 pupils – you can book more than one session
We have two sessions available at 10.15am – 11.45am and 12pm – 1.30pm
Planning on having a picnic as part of your visit? Free use of our lunch room is included in the cost of your session
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.