Men and women in Bristol have achieved great things throughout history. In this whole school assembly, children will explore the importance of perseverance and resilience through the stories of three Brilliant Bristolians who faced adversity but triumphed.
- Hear the stories of three significant individuals: John Cabot, Joseph Fry and Princess Campbell
- Discover their achievements and contributions to the city
- Dress in replica costume to represent people of the period
- See real and replica artefacts related to each person
- Vote for their ‘Best Bristolian’
Suitable for: Reception–Year 6
Duration: 20-25 minutes
Group size: whole school
We can provide a 20-25 minute assembly at an appropriate time for your school day. Available for schools within Bristol. Please get in touch.
“Really useful, professional and interesting. Children were given the chance to get into character. It was inclusive and engaging for all Children… it gave a really good insight to the History/culture of Bristol.”
School history co-ordinator
“THANK YOU SO MUCH! What a fantastic, fantastic assembly today. You are amazing!!! We loved it. Hope you can visit again!”
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.