Who were the Anglo-Saxons and where did they come from? In this immersive workshop you will learn about Bristol’s Anglo-Saxon roots as a market settlement known as Brycg stowe (Brigstowe) and examine evidence about everyday life.
- Learn about who the Anglo-Saxons were and where they came from
- Examine how different sources of evidence helps us construct the past
- Find out about Anglo-Saxon Bristol
- Handle artefacts linked with Anglo-Saxon people
- Solve puzzles to discover the kingdoms of Anglo-Saxon England
- Learn Anglo-Saxon names and words
- Listen to a thrilling tale of warrior battles with mythical beasts
A pre-visit teacher’s pack is included with your workshop booking. This will be emailed to the school before your visit. Please provide an email address so we can send you these resources.
Suitable for: Year 3-6
Duration: 1 hour
Group size: Up to 35 pupils per class
We have sessions available from 10.15am.
Planning on having a picnic as part of your visit? Your group are welcome to eat in our designated lunch room, however, you do need to book it in advance.
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.
More local history sessions for schools
M Shed offers a range of local history sessions to support you with your curriculum. Other school offers include: