This exhibition has now finished.
Set within a mysterious forest enter Warrior Treasures to be captivated by a dazzling collection of gold, silver and semi-precious gems from Anglo-Saxon weaponry.
Damaged and fragmentary, these superbly crafted fittings were discarded, but who buried them? And did they intend to come back for them?
The collection is part of the Staffordshire Hoard, considered one of the most significant Anglo-Saxon finds. It almost certainly represents the spoils of war, fought in an ancient kingdom during the 7th century AD.
Don’t miss the opportunity to come up close to these magnificent treasures and discover how a sword was more than a weapon – it signified a warrior’s status, wealth, family and even religious beliefs.
Through the research on the Hoard it has shed light on the ‘Dark Ages’ and brings to life the Old English poem Beowulf, in which great kings with hoards of gold bestow precious gifts upon loyal heroes.
The secrets of the hoard are still being uncovered through painstaking research and on-going conservation.
Enjoy a seasonal cake and hot drink from the cafe plus exhibition entry for £8 adult /
£7 concession, every Wednesday. Just ask for a Warrior Wednesday ticket when you arrive.
There are a variety of options available and we are happy to work with you to create the perfect visit. Our basic package includes:
- Coach drop-off point right outside. Free coach parking in nearby Cabot Circus.
- Meet and greet
- Warrior Treasures exhibition entry (free entry for Bristol Blue Badge guides)
- 10% discount vouchers to spend in museum shops
- Time to explore our world-class collections in the museum galleries
- Fully wheelchair accessible. Lift to all floors.
Package price: £5 adult / £4 concession per person. 1 in 10 go free.
- 15 minute introduction to the exhibition from one of our curators plus a 30 minute behind the scenes tour of the other treasures in our collection (max 12 people at one time)
£6 per person
- Afternoon tea
Freshly baked scone with rich clotted cream and jam. Served with tea or coffee.
£3.95 per person (group organiser eats for free)
- Light lunch
Homemade deli sandwich with crisps or salad. Served with tea or coffee.
£6.75 per person (group organiser eats for free)
Group visits are available all day Friday, and other weekday afternoons from 2pm. Visits of 10 or more people must be booked in advance. See our groups visits page for more information on getting here and accessibility.
* Subject to availability.