Welcome in the Year of the Tiger with live performances and activities by our amazing partners.
Watch traditional Chinese dances and martial arts demonstrations, and have a go at learning about Chinese and Korean culture through activities including paper folding and crafts. You can also buy beautiful Chinese goods for sale in the shop.
During the celebrations, pick up one of our tiger detective trails to search for tigers throughout the museum!
The Year of the Tiger starts on 1 February 2022 and finishes on 31 January 2023.
According to the Chinese Zodiac people born in a year of the Tiger are brave, loyal, energetic and self-confident. People born in this year have blue, grey, orange as their lucky colours.
Saturday morning programme
- 10.30am – Chinese dance by Clevedon school
- 11am – Blue China: Modern Chinese Fashion Catwalk by Bournemouth Chinese Dance Group
- 11.15am – Flight of the Peacock: Traditional Dai Ethnic Minority Dance by Joy Cheung
- 11.30am – Festival of Spring: Tibetan group dance by Bournemouth Chinese Dance Group
- 12pm – Kung Fu demonstration by Bristol Shaolin Wushu Academy
Saturday afternoon programme
- 2.30pm – Children’s performance by Avon Chinese School
- 3pm – Traditional dance and Guzheng musical performance by South Gloucestershire Chinese Association and their special guest Emily Shek
- 3.30pm – Kung Fu demonstration by Bristol Shaolin Wushu Academy
- 4pm – Traditional Dance by South Gloucestershire Chinese Association
Sunday morning programme
- 10.30am – Tai Chi Yang style by Wutan Chinese Martial Arts with music by Peter Jaeger Tai Chi
- 11.30am – Water Tiger: creative dance by Movema, RISE Youth Dance, boomsatsuma and Filwood Community Centre
- 12.30pm – Chinese Dance by North Somerset Intercultural Dance Association.
Sunday afternoon programme
- 2.30pm – Tai Chi Fan followed by Sword by Wutan Chinese Martial Arts with music by Peter Jaeger
- 3pm – Pop music with a Chinese twist by KALA CHNG (launching her new album ‘Star’)
- 3.30pm – Kung Fu display by Wutan Chinese Martial Arts
In partnership with
Avon Chinese School, BESEA TV, boomsatsuma, Bristol & West of England China Bureau, Bristol Shaolin Wushu Academy, Bristol Wutan, Chinese Community Welfare Bristol, Clevedon School, Filwood Community Centre, 공정은 Jeongeun Kong, Joy Cheung; KALA CHNG, North Somerset Inter-Cultural Dance Association, RISE Youth Dance, South Gloucestershire Chinese Association, University of Bristol Botanical Garden, University of Bristol Global Lounge