Join us as we explore the work of pioneering palaeontologist, Mary Anning, who discovered some of the first ichthyosaurs, or ‘sea dragons’. Investigate prehistoric fossils, including the amazing Temnodontosaurus.
- Meet the museum’s Geology curator and get an expert insight into the life of Temnodontosaurus, a type of ichthyosaur (an extinct marine reptile)
- Handle the fossils of Jurassic sea creatures
- Find out how the Temnodontosaurus fossil has been brought back to life by experts in conservation and palaeo-art
- Find out how Anning’s discoveries helped other scientists develop new ideas about evolution
- Enjoy an interactive retelling of Mary Anning’s amazing discovery of a Temnodontosaurus skull in 1813
Structured learning activities suitable for Home Educated children 7-11 years
Duration: 90 minutes