Celebrate the words disappearing from common usage, through the art of calligraphy.
As our language continues to expand then some words are pushed into the shadows. We will celebrate the words that are disappearing from common usage through the art of calligraphy, by using simple techniques and equipment to explore shape and meaning of those words.
Working in the inspiring setting of Bristol Museum & Art Gallery, this course aims to develop creativity through letter form and colour, working towards a finished piece of work.
No skills or experience needed. This is a five week course suitable for beginners and improvers.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Discover words that are falling out of common use, in relation to Bristol and its museum.
- Practise the mark making required for a suitable calligraphic hand.
- Design and develop work through small projects towards a final piece of work.
- Experience a variety of media, exploring its suitability for the finished piece.
- Create a finished piece of work using the techniques learned during the course.
This course takes place over five weeks, with a two hour session every Tuesday at 2pm.
To enrol call 0300 303 3464 or visit the WEA website and quote course number C3529815.