Become a Brownie archaeologist and complete three fun-packed challenges inspired by the archaeology interest badge!
During each adventure-filled session Brownies will:
- Develop archaeological skills and techniques through games and hands-on activities
- Investigate what objects can tell us about the people who left them behind
- Discover how different materials survive in the ground
- Take part in a mock excavation
- Meet an archaeologist and ask questions
- Handle real archaeological objects
- Explore how to use new knowledge in a fun & creative way
- Find out how to get involved with local archaeology
At the end of each workshop, Brownies will be presented with a Bristol Museum Brownie Archaeologist certificate that records their achievements. This can be shared with leaders to contribute towards the new archaeological badge.
Suitable for: 7-10 year olds
Duration: 2 hours
Group size: Between 12 – 24 young people
We have one Brownie session available at 2pm-4pm. Further archaeology sessions for whole Brownie units or for Guides, Cubs, Scouts and Youth Groups with young people aged 7-14 are available on request (minimum of 15 young people required). To book a session contact [email protected]