Why is there an ancient Egyptian obelisk and ‘ankh’ on a grave in a Bristol churchyard? In this structured hands-on learning session, home educated children will meet as a group to explore ancient Egypt through the life and work of Amelia Edwards, a Bristol Egyptologist.
You’ll also have the chance to discover Bristol’s ancient Egypt collection, as you tour the gallery with our museum staff, who will share their knowledge.
- Hear about the life and work of Amelia Edwards, her adventures and life changing journey up the Nile
- Handle real and replica ancient Egyptian artefacts, such as jewellery, papyrus and even an Egyptian pillow.
- Match objects correctly with places visited by Amelia Edwards during her journey through Egypt
- Visit the ancient Egyptian gallery with a guided tour from our museum staff to discover more about life and death in ancient Egypt.
Suitable for: 7-10 years old
Duration: 1 hour workshop and 25 minute Egypt Gallery tour
Group size: up to 20 children
This session especially for Home Educated children will run from 2pm-3.30pm
|Available Tickets||Price||Qty *|
|Child: Home Ed Egypt||£7.00 (GBP) / ticket||Fully Booked|
* Please note that a maximum number of 5 tickets can be purchased for this event per order.