Explore Bristol’s art collection, find out about artists and their work, compose a range of creative writing responses, share what you have written and achieve a ‘Discover’ Arts Award along the way!
- explore an art gallery
- ask questions and use their senses to explore paintings
- become a paintings ‘expert’
- write for a purpose
- compose different forms of poetry inspired by works of art
- work in pairs, small groups, large groups and as a whole class
- practice speaking & listening skills
- develop positive attitudes towards writing
- learn new vocabulary
- perform their writing and became a ‘living gallery’
- share their writing with each other
- achieve a Discover level Arts Award
Suitable for: Year 3–6
Duration: 3 hours 15 mins, including a 30min lunch break
Group size: Up to 35 pupils
We have 1 session available from 10.15am – 2pm
FREE use of our lunch room is included in the cost of your session.
Supports Artsmark Award criteria:
Pupil Engagement; Range of Offer: Values and Ethos; Local cultural visit; Partnerships
Photograph © Freia Turley
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.