What stories and hidden messages can you find in the portraits from our Bristol collections?
Join us to unlock the secret code of paintings, where your children will develop their speaking, listening and presentation skills during this gallery-based workshop.
The children will:
- Visit the Leonardo da Vinci: A Life in Drawing exhibition to see real Leonardo drawings
- Gain inspiration from this incredible Renaissance artist
- Discover the hidden meaning in selected paintings
- Discuss portrait characters and their stories
- Ask questions about art
- Compare and contrast art from different time periods
- Role-play a scene from a painting
Self-guided pencil sketching around the museum is encouraged after your workshop. Look out for our sketching activity stations.
Suitable for: Year 4-6
Duration: 90 minutes
Group size: Up to 35 pupils – you can book more than one session
Session availability: We have two sessions available at 10.15am-11.45am and 12.00am-1.30pm. Further sessions may be available.
Arts Award and Artsmark Award
This workshop can be used to support your Arts Award in the following ways:
• Discover: find out about artists and their work
• Explore: explore the work of artists
Supports Artsmark Award criteria: Pupil Engagement; Range of Offer: Values and Ethos; Local cultural visit; Partnerships
Image: Royal Collection Trust / © Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II 2018
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.