Join us as we meet Mary Anning who, 200 years ago, discovered some of the first ichthyosaurs, or ‘sea dragons’. Investigate different prehistoric fossils, including the amazing Temnodontosaurus.
- Learn about the Temnodontosaurus, a type of ichthyosaur (an extinct marine reptile)
- Handle the fossils of Jurassic sea creatures living during the time of the dinosaurs
- Take part in a story about Mary Anning and her fossils
- Investigate the many amazing fossils and sea dragon remains on display in Bristol Museum & Art Gallery
- Get up close to ‘Peggy’, a life-size reconstruction of Bristol Museum’s Temnodontosaurus skull
- Try on clothing similar to that worn by Mary Anning 200 years ago
Suitable for: Year 1-2
Duration: 45 minutes
Group size: Up to 35 pupils – you can book more than one session
We have 3 sessions available – 10.15am, 11.30am and 12.45pm.
Planning on having a picnic as part of your visit? FREE use of our lunch room is included in the cost of your session.
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.