Discover the fascinating world of geology with activities investigating how rocks and soils are made. Pupils will take part in fun geology-related activities to discover more about the rock cycle, Identify types of rocks, investigate the uses of rocks and discover how soils are made.
- Discover how rocks are formed from minerals
- Investigate igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic rocks
- Learn and identify rock features using real specimens, including fossils
- Find out how plate tectonics and volcanoes shape and change rocks
- Discover how soils are formed
- Discuss uses of rocks
Explore Bristol Museum’s geology gallery after your workshop using our self-guided activity.
Suitable for: Years 3-6
Duration: 1 hour
Group size: Up to 35 pupils – you can book more than one session
We have three sessions available at 10.15-11.15, 11.30-12.30, or 12.45-1.45.
Planning on having a picnic as part of your visit? Free use of our lunch room is included in the cost of your session.
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.