210 million years ago Britain’s oldest dinosaur, Thecodontosaurus antiquus, walked where Bristol is now.
Take part in hands-on activities to discover more about dinosaurs. Explore different types of dinosaur artefacts, discover how we know that dinosaurs existed and learn about palaeontologists .
- Find out about Mary Anning and her amazing fossil finds
- Handle fossil evidence of Jurassic sea creatures living during the time of the dinosaurs
- Learn about palaeontologists and the tools they need for their work
- Discover what dinosaurs ate and how we know this
- Investigate the Bristol dinosaur and what the city was like millions of years ago
Suitable for: Year 1-4
Duration: 1 hour
Group size: Up to 35 pupils – you can book more than one session
We have sessions available from 10.15am.
Planning on having a picnic as part of your visit? FREE use of our lunch room is included in the cost of your session.
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.
Suitable for: Reception