210 million years ago Britain’s oldest dinosaur, Thecodontosaurus antiquus, walked where Bristol is now.
Take part in hands-on activities to discover more about dinosaurs. Explore different types of dinosaur artefacts, discover how we know dinosaurs roamed the earth and learn about the job of a dinosaur scientist.
- Learn about the job of dinosaur scientists and their tools
- Find out about Mary Anning and her amazing fossil finds
- Handle fossil evidence of Jurassic sea creatures living during the time of the dinosaurs
- Discover what dinosaurs ate and how we know this
- Investigate the Bristol dinosaur and what the city was like millions of years ago
- Borrow a story book bag to take into our dinosaur gallery after your visit
Suitable for: Year 1-4
Duration: 1 hour
Group size: Up to 35 pupils – you can book more than one session
We have sessions available at 10.15am – 11.15am, 11.15am – 12.15pm and 12.15pm -1.15pm. Further sessions may be available in the afternoon, so please ask.
Planning on having a picnic as part of your visit? Free use of our lunch room is included in the cost of your session.
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.