In this ‘Talking Pictures’ workshop pupils will see fantastic artworks, explore how they were created and develop new skills for talking about art.
Talking Pictures is a gallery based workshop that allows your pupils to:
• Discuss painting composition and techniques
• Ask relevant questions to extend their understanding and knowledge
• Discover the stories behind paintings
• Investigate artists’ tools and materials
• Compare and contrast art from different time periods
• Learn specialist art vocabulary
• Prepare and perform a group presentation
Suitable for: Year 4 – 6
Duration: 1hr 15mins
Group size: Up to 35 pupils – you can book more than one session
Session availability: We have two sessions available at 10.15am-11.30am and 11.45am-1pm. Further sessions may be available.
Planning on having a picnic as part of your visit? Free use of our lunch room is included in the cost of your session.
Arts Award and Artsmark Award
This workshop can be used to support your Arts Award in the following ways:
• Discover: find out about artists and their work
• Explore: explore the work of artists
Supports Artsmark Award criteria:
• Pupil Engagement
• Range of Offer
• Local cultural visit
“Children were able to become the ‘art expert’ when they presented to an audience. Resources in bags were excellent – great prompts for teachers – with possible answers!”
Year 5 teacher, Bristol
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.
You may be interested in these other art workshops for schools