What stories and hidden messages can you find in the portraits from our Bristol collections?
Join us to unlock the secret code of paintings, where your children will develop their speaking, listening and presentation skills during this gallery-based workshop.
- Discover the hidden meaning in selected paintings
- Discuss portrait characters and their stories
- Ask questions about art
- Compare and contrast art from different time periods
- Explore a chosen painting and present their ideas
Suitable for: Year 3-6
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Group size: Up to 35 pupils – you can book more than one session
Session availability: We have two sessions available at 10.15am-11.30am and 11.45am-1pm. Further sessions may be available.
Planning on having a picnic as part of your visit? Free use of our lunch room is included in the cost of your session.
Arts Award and Artsmark Award
This workshop can be used to support your Arts Award in the following ways:
• Discover: find out about artists and their work
• Explore: explore the work of artists
Supports Artsmark Award criteria: Pupil Engagement; Range of Offer: Values and Ethos; Local cultural visit; Partnerships
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.
Art workshops for schools
You may also be interested in these other art workshops for schools: