The dramatic history of the Anglo Saxons will come alive for school children during a facilitated visit to Warrior Treasures: Saxon Gold from the Staffordshire Hoard.
The national touring exhibition arrives at Bristol Museum & Art Gallery in October.
Between 1 November 2016 – 7 April 2017, pupils attending a workshop will be able to see real objects made by Anglo Saxon craftsmen, handle replica artefacts, take part in themed activities and listen to a thrilling tale of warrior battles while sat around the campfire. Groups can then explore the rest of the museum hunting for mythological beasts.
- Sessions cost £6 per child (accompanying adults free) and must be booked in advance.
- Price includes group entry to the exhibition, facilitated workshop, preferential booking of school lunch room and self-led trail around the museum
- Suitable for Year 4-6
- Workshop duration: 1 hour
- Available: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Group size: Up to 35 pupils – you can book more than one session
An autumn of archaeology
This autumn Bristol Museum & Art Gallery will also see the opening of a special Primary Prehistory display from September 2016 – June 2017. Cover more of your curriculum for less, by combining Anglo Saxons and Stone Age to Iron Age in just one visit. Our ‘pick n mix’ options provide both flexibility and value for money. Choose from the following:
- A 1 hour facilitated exhibition visit to Warrior Treasures: Saxon Gold from the Staffordshire Hoard teaching the Anglo Saxons (£6 per child)
- Self-led mythological creatures museum trail (free with Warrior Treasures exhibition workshop)
- Stone Age to Iron Age workshop – A 1 hour session in our school room, handling and discussing real artefacts made by our pre-historic ancestors (£5 per child)
- Primary Prehistory: Stone Age to Iron Age gallery visit – Take a self-led visit of our Prehistory display in the Balcony Galley, with a free resource sheet.
- Use of our school lunch room – free with a workshop or pre-bookable at 75p per child
Special learning offer: Book both a Warrior Treasures facilitated exhibition visit and a Stone Age to Iron Age workshop on the same day and save 20%, plus free use of the school lunch room. Applies to education bookings on Tuesdays – Thursdays between 1 November 2016 – 7 April 2017.
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.