Who were the Anglo Saxons and where did they come from? Bristol Museums will visit your school and bring the Anglo Saxons roots of Bristol alive in this interactive learning session.
Did you know? Bristol has grown from a market town settlement, known as Brycg stowe (Brigstowe) – a Saxon term meaning ‘place by the bridge‘.
Discover Britain’s Anglo Saxon past and learn about invasions, settlements, village life and kingdoms, with a local history study of Bristol.
- Discover who the Anglo Saxons were and where they came from
- Examine how different sources of evidence helps us construct the past
- Find out about Anglo Saxon Bristol
- Handle artefacts linked to Anglo Saxon people
- Solve puzzles to discover kingdoms of Anglo Saxon England
- Learn Anglo Saxon words
- Listen to a thrilling tale of warrior battles with mythical beasts
Suitable for: Year 3-6
Duration: 1 hour
Group size: Up to 35 pupils per class
This in-school workshop presents an exciting opportunity for both teachers and pupils. We’ve packaged the sessions for your convenience, so that you save money when you book more than one class.
Workshop for 1 class – £160
Workshops for 2 classes – £280
Workshops for 3 classes – £400
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.