Join museum archaeologists and a whole host of local societies, re-enactors, field archaeologists and heritage organisations to celebrate Bristol’s Brilliant Archaeology.
Throughout the day, there’ll be tours, demonstrations and displays in the museum and on the lawns outside. Blaise Castle and Blaise Community Gardens will also be open.
There’s plenty for mini archaeologists to do too with mini excavations, Iron Age coin hammering, weaving, pot-making, face painting and more. Our resident crafter, Jem Dick, will also be there with an archaeological craft workshop for everyone to enjoy.
Featuring stalls and displays from:
- Aisling Tierney Archaeology Jewellery
- Bath and Counties Archaeology Society
- Bristol and Avon Archaeological Society
- The Company of Chivalry
- Cotswold Archaeology
- The Egypt Society of Bristol
- The Friends of Ashton Court Mansion
- Friends of Blaise
- The Friends of Bristol Museums, Galleries & Archives
- Historia Normannis Wessex
- Kemet Klub
- The Portable Antiquities Scheme
- University of Bristol
- The Waites
- We the Curious
- The Young Archaeologists’ Club
This event is part of the is part of the national Festival of Archaeology, the UK’s biggest celebration of archaeology. It is made possible through sponsorship from the Bristol & Gloucestershire Archaeological Society.
Book a time slot
Free – donations welcome.
Time slots are available every 30 minutes. Family fun activities run throughout the day.